Product and Delivery Manager (contract, full time)
Who we are:
Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a team of digital gov alums who partner with governments and mission-driven organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they engage constituents.
We’re looking for a Product and Delivery Manager to work closely with our clients and teams to move toward a goal despite ambiguity and shifting priorities. Our projects vary in length (anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks) and require 20-40 hours per week depending on the project.
What our Product & Delivery Managers do:
- Set overarching project strategy (process, work plan, timeline, approach, etc.), and adjust or pivot as needed
- Collaboratively develop project vision, roadmap, and goals
- Review deliverables at a high level to ensure they align with the project vision
- Ensure project vision and the team’s activities are aligned with Bloom’s values
Product & project management
- Lead an experienced, cross-functional team of researchers, designers, writers, and software developers to conduct discovery sprints and deliver deliver user-centered products and services
- Facilitate team discussions and workflows that create alignment on goals and tasks
- Mediate difficult conversations when there are disagreements on direction or desired outcomes, with both clients and team members
- Work within the parameters of the project to achieve the greatest improvements for our clients and their constituents
- Monitor and update project timelines and staff time across work
- Organize and prioritize tasks and provide details to set staff up for success
- Track and report out on budget and hours/cost spent-to-date
- Build strong relationships with a variety of clients and stakeholders, managing communication between several stakeholders
- Respect and empathize with client needs and internal processes, and also tactfully challenge ideas when there are other ways to better meet outcomes, deliver on user needs, and make services more equitable and inclusive
- Create a space of trust and open communication, so clients are comfortable bringing forward concerns or new ideas
- Set appropriate expectations for ongoing status updates and outcomes, ensuring alignment and no surprises
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of product management experience, specifically in the digital or tech space -- managing cross-functional teams to meet deadlines, navigating complex external client relationships, and shipping products
- Comfortable working on a variety of collaboration platforms, and sometimes adapting to what the client may use
- Ability to manage priorities despite ambiguity and changing circumstances/information
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Ability to grow and nurture existing and new client relationships to help drive prioritization across multiple projects and create ecosystems of success
- Willingness and savvy at mediating/facilitating difficult conversations to make decisions and bring together teams
- A flexible, empathetic, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience in government procurement or in implementing and/or procuring large technology systems is a bonus but not required
Compensation: $110-135/hr depending on experience
Our mission is to create human-centered digital services. We envision a world that is made more equitable through better digital public services. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is woven into everything we do, from our company’s strategy to the makeup of our team, to the work we take on. As a public interest technology company, we see diversity and equity-building as integral to both our mission and our research practices.
We're committed to disrupting power dynamics and equity barriers in our work. We recruit employees and partners who reflect the demographics of targeted end users, and we analyze, test, and iterate to make sure everyone can easily access and use the digital tools we build. As a public benefit company, we are compelled to generate social and public good, and to operate in a responsible and sustainable manner.
How to apply: Please enter your information and upload your resume, here.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Bloom cannot sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.