Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and like-minded organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they do business.
We’re deliberate about the projects we take on, and we make sure that all members of our team are engaged in work that is collaborative, challenging, and impactful.
We’re looking for someone experienced in business operations to help expand our reach and capabilities. You’ll work directly with the founders to streamline operations, establish business processes, and assist in making data-informed decisions. This is a position that will be in on the ground floor of a small, quickly growing organization — this role is a good fit for someone that likes the challenge of establishing practices and processes, and is not easily deterred by ambiguity about the steps so long as the end goal is clear.
Specifically, you will
- Meet regularly with Bloom leadership to review operations processes and discuss priorities
- Reporting and planning for finances, personnel, and projects
- Establish and meet performance goals related to business operations
- Liaise with clients to ensure contracts and invoices go out, get signed, and are on time
- Be an enthusiastic learner of new skills and perspectives, especially when navigating dense regulations and requirements
- Manage company contracts — prepare, issue, and monitor contract modifications, task orders, and proposals
- Be willing to move forward despite ambiguity — we don't always have a roadmap, and we need someone who can move the ball forward even when they don’t have all the answers
We’re looking for
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines under pressure, and collaborate with a distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to excel with limited oversight
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, especially as part of a remote team
- Analytical and creative thinking to solve problems
- Positivity, a sense of humor, and adaptability
- Bonus: experience working with gov or non profits
Salary: $50-85k depending on experience
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental & vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring together a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com