Engagement Manager (contract, full time)
Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a team of digital gov alums who partner with governments and mission-driven organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they engage constituents.
We’re looking for an engagement manager to work closely with our clients and teams to deliver on our project work, and build impact within the broader context of public interest technology. We’re a fully remote team, and we’re deliberate about building a team culture in a distributed context. We also place a lot of value on in-person meet ups — to conduct research, collaborate with partners, and meet others on the team — when it’s safe to do so.
In this role, you will
- Advise and coach clients, seeking to earn respect and trust from our government and nonprofit partners alike.
- Build and identify the conditions for success and show resilience in making change happen in large organizations.
- Bringing in new work and business development
- Take a long-term view and build a shared vision with Bloom leadership on the impact we are making through our engagements and work
- Provide stewardship of our project work, and work closely with clients to design and plan engagements
- Work with the business development team to bring in new work and create new opportunities in the context of a constantly changing Public Interest Technology landscape
- Drive growth by leading business proposals and pitches and building work through referrals, proposals, and follow-on projects
- Support company growth by participating in the ongoing recruitment of talent as it supports our scoped work
- Communicate strategic decisions clearly, citing clear benefits and drawbacks to foster alignment and a culture of transparency
- Be willing to move forward despite ambiguity — we don't always have a roadmap but the team and clients will look to you to create clarity and ask important questions.
- Work with practice area directors to mentor members of the team, providing regular feedback and professional development support.
- Attract, hire, and place team members onto projects in a way that allows them to thrive while also supporting Bloom in serving its mission
- Establish and measure progress toward goals, to better understand what’s working/not working and create a shared sense of when/how to adjust our practices
We’re looking for
- Experience consulting and/or managing high stakes client relationships
- A relationship builder who enjoys learning about and working with a variety of people and functions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A problem-solving approach
- Experience managing multiple projects, meet deadlines under pressure, and collaborate with a distributed team
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a calm, measured approach in the context of a rapid flow of communication and a quickly changing environment
- Experience working in an agile, iterative way, and a good command of building, assessing, and delivering technology
- A demonstrated ability to give, receive, and make improvements based on feedback
- Familiarity with writing contracts and managing budgets
- Experience working in government technology, nonprofits, or the public interest technology space
Compensation and benefits Rates will start at $135/hour as a contract, or begin at $140,000 annually, depending on experience. We're looking first for a contract orcontract-to-hire position, but are open to considering permanent positions.
Our benefits include An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for the public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental & vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
How to apply Does this role sound exciting to you? Great! To apply, please enter your information and upload your resume here.
More about our team, and commitment to building a diverse workforce We envision a world that is made more equitable through better digital public services. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is woven into everything we do, from our company’s strategy to the makeup of our team, to the work we take on. As a public interest technology company, we see diversity and equity-building as integral to both our mission and our research practices.
We are committed to disrupting power dynamics and equity barriers in our work. We recruit employees and partners who reflect the demographics of targeted end users, and we analyze, test, and iterate to make sure everyone can easily access and use the digital tools we build. As a public benefit company, we are compelled to generate social and public good, and to operate in a responsible and sustainable manner.