Federal Business Development Lead
Our mission is to create human-centered services.
Bloom Works is a women-owned digital services company that helps organizations serve people better. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and mission driven organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they deliver services.
We’re looking for a Federal Business Development Lead to help us grow and further develop our work with federal agencies.
As Federal BD Lead, you’ll lead the formation of our federal BD strategy and manage a capture process to expand the work we do at the federal level. You’ll help us identify projects and partnerships that are a good fit for Bloom’s values and expertise. We’re looking for someone with deep experience in procurement at the federal level, a well established network, and a passion for improving outcomes.
Given the nascent stage of this effort, it’s crucial that you thrive with ambiguity — with a wide enough aperture to see opportunities and the focus to follow ideas through to completion. You understand the government context, have experience scoping large projects, and can convey Bloom’s unique expertise in a clear and compelling way.
In this role, you will:
- Identify opportunities for Bloom’s growth at the federal level, including expanding partnerships, joining contract vehicles, and pursuing specific projects
- Establish a federal BD strategy
- Proactively build and strengthen relationships with potential partners, federal procurement officers, and other stakeholders
- Refine and manage our capture process for federal work
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to draft and submit project proposals
- Identify teaming partners and build coalitions to respond to opportunities
- Continuously seek out and incorporate situational context and evolving market trends
- Establish and meet ambitious deadlines
- Define successful performance based on a variety of factors, and measure progress toward those goals
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, embrace change, and ask insightful questions
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of experience with federal procurement and/or government
- A deep understanding of federal contracting vehicles, procurement rules, set asides, and upcoming opportunities
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- A collaborative mindset
- Ability to communicate clearly and incorporate ideas from a cross functional team
- Ability to nurture existing and new client relationships
- An adaptive, proactive, empathetic, and tenacious mindset
Salary: $135-150k, depending on experience (with benefits).
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental & vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring together a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.