Plain Language Writer
Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and mission-driven organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they do business.
We’re looking for a versatile writer to join us in delivering accessible and welcoming products and services. We believe that content is core to making services discoverable and useful. We’re looking for someone who can work tightly with UX researchers, developers, and subject matter experts to distill highly complex processes into accessible, action-oriented information.
We’re deliberate about creating a remote team and culture, though we place a lot of value in travelling to be in-person with our partners on a somewhat regular basis — when it’s safe to do so.
In this role, you will
- Work on a cross-functional team of designers, developers, and subject matter experts to build and deliver products and services
- Design, write, and edit content for a variety of products and services
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to understand complexities in their processes and observe users to learn how they interact with information
- Incorporate diverse perspectives from a variety of user groups and stakeholders
- Establish performance goals to measure the effectiveness of content across a variety of media
- Be willing to move forward despite ambiguity — we don't always have a roadmap
We’re looking for
- At least 5 years of experience creating clear, concise, and compelling web content
- A passion for finding simplicity in complex information
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A relationship builder who enjoys working with a variety of people and functions
- An analytical and creative thinker who’s solution-oriented
- The ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines under pressure, and collaborate with a distributed team
- Experience working in an agile, iterative way
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
$75,000-95,000 depending on experience. We’re also open to independent contractor arrangements.
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for the public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental and vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27th at 9am EST.
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion and know that our team is strongest when we bring a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We look forward to hearing from you!