Procurement Specialist & Delivery Lead
Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital government alums who partner with governments and like-minded organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they do business. We partner with state, local, and federal governments, nonprofit organizations, and other companies delivering critical services to help research and design how to improve technology improvements.
We are looking for a delivery lead who can manage a complex, multi-phase project from scoping, through procurement and execution on a large, critical project. You would be the primary lead for our stakeholder management and work on a cross-functional team.
This delivery lead will manage the formation of a coalition to go after an ambitious federal procurement. The lead will work to develop relationships within the federal government to advocate and push for change in the procurement process and the scoping of a bid. This is a unique and exciting opportunity with someone who has a passion for changing the way the federal government procures bids and services, or someone who cares about making change.
You think holistically and understand how the details of a project fit into the bigger picture. You thrive in ambiguity, and are excited about working with complex, diverse stakeholders. You understand the government context, and have experience working to scope and manage ambitious projects.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a nimble and experienced set of stakeholders through scoping and bidding on a complex project
- Manage the advocacy work and coalition building that the team conducts to help shape the competitive bidding process.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate with federal procurement officers and other stakeholders
- Establish and meet ambitious deadlines
- Talk to various users of complex systems to understand the process and pain points
- Define successful performance based on a variety of factors: breadth and depth of impact, and long term implications for the populations served
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, embrace change, and ask insightful questions
What we're looking for
- 10+ years of experience in this domain -- especially in managing projects, procurement processes, and stakeholders
- Experience using design to navigate complex services
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Ability to grow and nurture existing a new client relationships to help drive prioritization across multiple projects and create ecosystems of success
- An adaptive, proactive, empathetic, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience in federal procurement is a plus (especially in procuring digital services using agile processes)
- Nice to have: a deep urgency around reforming deeply outdated and entrenched technology and systemic inequities. (Check out our work in organ donation reform.)
We’re open to a variety of types of engagement. Our salary for this position full-time would range from $120-150k, depending on experience (with benefits).
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for public good
- Dental & vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring together a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.