Product Lead and Service Designer/Researcher
Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and like-minded organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they do business.
We are looking for a product lead who can also significantly contribute to our research and service design work. You would be the primary lead for our stakeholder management and work on a cross-functional team — that includes our partners — to design better public services. We partner with state, local, and federal governments, nonprofit organizations, and other companies delivering critical services to help research and design how to improve technology improvements.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a nimble and experienced team through 3 phases of project work
- Partner with the Research Lead in conducting and synthesizing user research
- Develop and implement a project roadmap, drawing on data and user research
- Establish and meet ambitious deadlines
- Communicate early and often with clients and stakeholders
- Talk to various users of complex systems to understand the process and pain points
- Evaluate the implications of performance outcomes, and identify potential steps or interventions for process improvements
- Define successful performance based on a variety of factors: breadth and depth of impact, and long term implications for the populations served
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, embrace change, and ask insightful questions
What we're looking for
- 12+ years of experience in this domain -- especially in shipping products, managing engineers and stakeholders, and doing research or service design
- Experience using design to navigate complex services
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Ability to grow and nurture existing a new client relationships to help drive prioritization across multiple projects and create ecosystems of success
- An adaptive, proactive, empathetic, tenacious, and positive mindset
Salary: $120-150k depending on experience
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental & vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring together a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume and a brief introduction firstname.lastname@example.org.