Sr Product Manager
Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and mission-driven organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives.
We’re looking for a senior product manager who can align a team and stakeholders around a shared vision, and lead the implementation of solutions across our child welfare work.
Our projects vary in scope, so we’re looking for someone who excels at moving a team toward a goal despite ambiguity and shifting priorities.
In this role, you will:
- Lead an experienced, cross-functional team of researchers, designers, writers, and software developers to deliver user-centered products and services
- Navigate complex stakeholder relationships and government regulations
- Align stakeholders and the team around a shared vision and manage the product backlog to deliver on that vision
- Establish and meet ambitious deadlines
- Communicate early and often with clients and stakeholders, including creating and delivering regular project updates, burn down charts, etc.
- Roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to deliver outstanding products on time — including scheduling meetings, establishing new processes, and developing work plans
- Develop a shared vision for project success based on a variety of factors and track progress against those metrics
- Proactively flag risks to the product timeline or budget and take action to mitigate these risks
- Manage budget, priorities, and changes in scope of work
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, embrace change, and ask insightful questions
- Participate in the growth of Bloom’s impact in the child welfare space — proactively translate high level opportunities into well-scoped projects, leveraging your existing experience and what you learn through each engagement to expand the work we do
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of product management experience -- especially in shipping products, navigating complex relationships, and managing cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Ability to grow and nurture existing and new client relationships to help drive prioritization across multiple projects and create ecosystems of success
- A flexible, empathetic, and positive mindset
- Experience working for or with government is preferred but not required
Salary: $115-135k depending on experience
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental & vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.We are also particularly interested in those with professional or lived experience in child welfare.
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume and a brief introduction firstname.lastname@example.org.