Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and mission-driven organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they deliver services.
Product managers are at the heart of what allows us to drive this change and deliver positive results. They organize our teams to create outcomes that are bigger than the sum of our individual parts while ensuring that everything arrives on time.
We’re looking for a product manager who can set strategy, align a team and stakeholders around a shared vision, and lead the implementation of solutions across our work. We understand this position title can mean different things in different companies. For Bloom, we seek someone who can transcend the various functionalities, including portfolio management, strategy setting, project management, client relations, and internal capacity building. Our projects vary in scope, topic, and form, so we’re looking for someone who excels at moving a team toward a goal despite ambiguity and shifting priorities.
In this role, you will:
- Roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to deliver outstanding products on time — including scheduling meetings, establishing new processes, and developing work plans
- Lead a nimble and experienced team through a variety of projects, which may include coaching a government on a procurement, implementing a large complex technology solution, or leading tightly scoped discovery sprints
- Establish and meet ambitious deadlines
- Navigate complex stakeholder relationships and government regulations
- Review deliverables at a high level to ensure they’re connecting to strategy
- Align stakeholders and the team around a shared vision and manage the team’s activities to deliver on that vision
- Communicate early and often with clients and stakeholders, including creating and delivering regular project updates, burn down charts, etc.
- Identify potential steps or interventions for process improvements
- Develop a shared vision for project success based on a variety of factors and track progress against those metrics
- Proactively flag risks to the timeline or budget and take action to mitigate these risks
- Manage budget, priorities, and changes in scope of work
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, embrace change, and ask insightful questions
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of product management experience -- especially in shipping products, navigating complex relationships, and managing cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Familiarity with agile / modular procurement and software development
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Ability to grow and nurture existing and new client relationships to help drive prioritization across multiple projects and create ecosystems of success
- A flexible, empathetic, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience in government procurement
Salary: $90-120k depending on experience
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental & vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume, and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday September 27th at 9am EST
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloom cannot sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
We look forward to hearing from you!