Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and mission-driven organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they deliver services.
Product managers are at the heart of what allows us to drive this change and deliver positive results. They organize our teams to create outcomes that are bigger than the sum of our individual parts while ensuring that everything arrives on time.
We’re looking for a persistent and assiduous product manager who can navigate complex stakeholder relationships and lead a team of researchers, designers, writers, and software developers to deliver user-centered products and services. Our projects vary in scope and subject matter, so we’re looking for someone who excels at moving a team toward a goal despite ambiguity and shifting priorities.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a nimble and experienced team through a variety of projects, which may include large, sprawling website redesigns or tightly scoped discovery sprints
- Establish and meet ambitious deadlines
- Align stakeholders and the team around a shared vision and manage the product backlog to deliver on that vision
- Roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to deliver outstanding products on time — including scheduling meetings, establishing new processes, and developing work plans
- Communicate early and often with clients and stakeholders, including creating and delivering regular project updates, burn down charts, etc.
- Identify potential steps or interventions for process improvements
- Develop a shared vision for project success based on a variety of factors and track progress against those metrics
- Proactively flag risks to the product timeline or budget and take action to mitigate these risks
- Manage budget, priorities, and changes in scope of work
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, embrace change, and ask insightful questions
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of project management experience -- especially in shipping products, navigating complex relationships, and managing cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Ability to grow and nurture existing and new client relationships to help drive prioritization across multiple projects and create ecosystems of success
- A flexible, empathetic, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience working for or with government is preferred but not required
Salary: $90-110k depending on experience
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental & vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring together a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com