Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and like-minded organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they do business.
We are looking for a Service Designer to work on a cross-functional team — that includes our partners — to design better public services. We partner with state, local, and federal governments, nonprofit organizations, and other companies delivering critical services to help research and design how to improve services.
In this role, you will:
- Do user research and design in a variety of situations and across different user types to provide insights for tech, process, and policy interventions
- Navigate complex situations with empathy and kindness
- Synthesize findings and formulate insights
- Collaborate and participate on a cross-functional team
- Prioritize clarity, accessibility, and plain language
- Advocate for what you see as necessary for the project and the end user
- Jump into projects at a variety of stages, from formative research to later iterations
- Identify and implement the user research methods most appropriate for the project
- Engage directly with clients and present your own work clearly and confidently
- Think on your feet: problem solve everything from developing an information architecture to explaining the value of user centered design
What we're looking for
- At least 3 years of professional experience navigating complex systems or working on public service delivery (preferably in a design capacity)
- At least 2 years of experience doing user experience design (or user research or design, depending on your career path)
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- Experience working in an agile, iterative way
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor. Empathetic, collaborative, and able to adapt in the face of constraints
We're a small team working to radically improve service delivery, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of our organization. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people we partner with.
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are also particularly interested in those with professional or lived experience in child welfare.
We’re open to a variety of types of engagement. Our salary for this position full-time would range from $85-115k, depending on experience (with benefits).
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for the public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental and vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional development stipend
- ST/LT disability
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume, portfolio (if applicable), and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloom cannot sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
We look forward to hearing from you!