Senior Software Engineer
We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and mission-driven organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join a cross-functional team and take a deep dive into complex ecosystems to define and build tactical improvements. We’re passionate about bringing the best of modern software development practices to our partners. We’re a fully distributed, remote-first team, though post-pandemic we look forward to resuming travel and occasional face time with our clients and team mates. We are a small team with a big mission, so we value more than just your technical expertise. Our interviews are designed to assess the whole self and do not include whiteboarding.
In this role, you will
- Bring systems thinking, technical experience, and empathy to a variety of situations to provide guidance for tech and policy interventions
- Design, prototype, and collaborate potential solutions on a cross-functional team
- Lead technical development for projects, proposing tradeoffs and scoping subtasks
- Individually contribute to major code changes
- Own and maintain a standard of engineering excellence across the organization
We’re looking for
- At least 5 years of experience working as an engineer or in a technical role on a team
- Proficient with React, TypeScript, and Node
- Experience with SQL, AWS, Jest, StoryBook, and/or CircleCI are a plus
- Resilience to partner with less tech savvy clients
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- An adaptive, proactive, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience working in an agile, iterative environment
We’re open to a variety of types of engagement. Our salary for this position full-time would range from $100-150k, depending on experience (with benefits).
- An opportunity to apply your skills and experience for the public good
- Dedicated mentorship
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Medical: 90% of premium and up to 50% for dependents
- Dental & vision: employee 99% and 50% for dependents
- Life insurance: $50,000
- PTO and sick days
- Technical equipment stipend
- Professional development stipend
- ST/LT disability and parental leave
- 401k: (100% match up to 6% match)
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.