Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and like-minded organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they do business.
We are looking for an experienced front end engineer to join a cross-functional team in taking a deep dive into complex technical systems to define and implement tactical improvements. We’re deliberate about creating a remote team and culture, though we place a lot of value in traveling to be in-person with our government partners on a somewhat regular basis.
In this role, you will
- Bring systems thinking and technical experience to a variety of situations to provide guidance for tech and policy interventions
- Navigate complex situations with empathy and kindness
- Design, prototype, and build technical solutions
- Collaborate and participate on a cross-functional team
We’re looking for
- At least 4 years of experience working as an engineer or technical role on a team
- At least 8 years of professional experience
- Proficient with react, TypeScript, and Node.js
- Familiar with WCAG and able to help a team prioritize critical accessibility work
- Experience with SQL Server, AWS, Jest, Selenium, StoryBook, and/or Circle CI are a plus
- Familiarity with legacy technologies, digital transformation, and how to partner with less tech savvy clients
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- An adaptive, proactive, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience working in an agile, iterative way
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor. Empathetic, collaborative, and able to adapt in the face of constraints
Salary: $80-140k depending on experience
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for the public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental & vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
How to apply
We are primarily looking for a full time engineer, but are open to a variety of engagement options. To apply, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We look forward to hearing from you!