We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and mission-driven organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives.
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to join a cross-functional team and grow our engineering organization. We’re passionate about bringing the best of modern software development practices to our partners. We’re a fully distributed, remote-first team, though post-pandemic we look forward to resuming travel and occasional face time with our clients and team mates. We are a small team with a big mission, so we value more than just your technical expertise. Our interviews are designed to assess the whole self and do not include whiteboarding.
In this role, you will
- Lead technical development for projects, proposing tradeoffs and scoping subtasks
- Individually contribute to major code changes
- Own and maintain a standard of engineering excellence across the organization
- Define organization-wide engineering initiatives and standards
- Develop a long-term strategic vision for technical development, unifying technical architecture and optimizing scalability
- Lead multiple projects as a technical lead
- Work collaboratively with cross-disciplinary team members to identify opportunities, solve problems, and navigate complex environments
We’re looking for
- At least 7 years of experience working as an engineer
- 2 years of experience leading an engineering team is a plus
- Excellent with React, TypeScript, Node, SQL, AWS, Jest, StoryBook, and/or CircleCI are a plus
- Experience in managing projects, communicating with stakeholders, coordinating engineering efforts, contributing to architectural design, and mentoring engineers
- Resilience in partnering with less tech savvy clients
- An adaptive, proactive, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience working in an agile, iterative environment
We’re open to a variety of types of engagement. Our salary for this position full-time is $140-150k (with benefits).
- An opportunity to apply your skills and experience for the public good
- Dedicated mentorship
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Medical: 90% of premium and up to 50% for dependents
- Dental & vision: employee 99% and 50% for dependents
- Life insurance: $50,000
- PTO and sick days
- Technical equipment stipend
- Professional development stipend
- ST/LT disability and parental leave
- 401k: (100% match up to 6% match)
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Does this role sound exciting to you? Let’s chat! Send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.