Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and like-minded organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they do business.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer to work on a cross-functional team — that includes our partners — to design better public services. We partner with state, local, and federal governments, nonprofit organizations, and other companies delivering critical services to help research and design how to improve technology improvements.
In this role, you will:
- Do user research and design in a variety of situations and across different user types to provide insights for tech and policy interventions
- Navigate complex situations with empathy and kindness
- Synthesize findings and formulate insights
- Collaborate and participate on a cross-functional team
- Advocate for what you see as necessary for the project and the end user
- Jump into projects at a variety of stages, from wireframes to later iterations,
- Thinking in design systems
What we're looking for:
- At least 4 years of professional experience navigating complex systems or working on public service delivery (can be other than UX)
- At least 2 years of experience doing user experience design (or user research or design, depending on your career path)
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- An adaptive, proactive, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience working in an agile, iterative way
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor. Empathetic, collaborative, and able to adapt in the face of constraints
- Bonus: experience with data visualization
We're a small team working to radically improve service delivery, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of our organization. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people we partner with.
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This project will run for 6-9 months, and we are primarily considering it a full-time contract position with the hopes of growing into a permanent team member. The rate will start between $75 and 110 an hour, depending on experience. We will hope to interview candidates in the first couple of weeks in January and have someone start before the end of the month.
Primarily, we want to grow our team thoughtfully, so if you are looking for a new full-time endeavor - please reach out to email@example.com with your resume and portfolio (if available).