Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and like-minded organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build internal, sustainable capacity to transform how they do business.
We are looking for a User Experience Researcher to work on a cross-functional team — that includes our partners — to design better public services. We partner with state, local, and federal governments, nonprofit organizations, and other companies delivering critical services to help research and design how to improve technology improvements. Current projects include: reforming government hiring processes, empowering internal teams to diagnose and respond to agency challenges, reforming organ donation, improving access to behavioral health services, and strengthening supports for foster youth…just to name a few.
In this role, you will:
- Do user research in a variety of situations and across different user types to provide insights for tech and policy interventions
- Jump into projects at a variety of stages
- Navigate complex situations with empathy and kindness
- Collaborate and participate on a cross-functional team
- Plan and facilitate workshops with clients and community members
- Produce research plans, moderator guides, usability testing scripts, journey maps, service blueprints, and other documentation to collect and convey research findings
- Synthesize findings and formulate insights
- Engage directly with clients and present your own work clearly and confidently
- Think on your feet: problem solving everything from developing an information architecture, to explaining the value of user centered design
- Support the successful completion of projects in accordance with their scope of work, timelines, and budgets
What we're looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience doing user research
- Experience navigating complex systems or working on public service delivery
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- An adaptive, proactive, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience working in an agile, iterative way
- Empathetic, collaborative, and able to adapt in the face of constraints
- $100,000 -125,000 depending on experience
- An environment that empowers you to apply your skills and experience for the public good
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Dental & vision
- Life insurance
- PTO, holidays, and sick leave
- Tech equipment stipend
- Professional Development stipend
- ST/LT disability
How to apply
We are primarily considering full-time candidates, though are open to contract positions to start. Chiefly, we want to grow our team thoughtfully, so if you are looking for a new full-time endeavor - you can apply here.
More about our team, and commitment to building a diverse workforce
We envision a world that is made more equitable through better digital public services. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is woven into everything we do, from our company’s strategy to the makeup of our team, to the work we take on. As a public interest technology company, we see diversity and equity-building as integral to both our mission and our research practices.
We are committed to disrupting power dynamics and equity barriers in our work. We recruit employees and partners who reflect the demographics of targeted end users, and we analyze, test, and iterate to make sure everyone can easily access and use the digital tools we build. As a public benefit company, we are compelled to generate social and public good, and to operate in a responsible and sustainable manner.
We look forward to hearing from you!